- Private schools provide an environment for pupils where there is collective good behaviour and a positive attitude to learn.
- Most pupils at prep schools (junior schools) go on to very good senior schools, including grammar schools. Those at senior schools go on to good universities.
- Higher standard of teaching and achieve very good results.
- Specialised teachers. The teachers often have a strong academic background.
- Individual support – Small class sizes provides a more focused learning for pupils.
- Facilities are better, i.e. more textbooks for pupils.
- Curriculum flexibility and choice.
- Extra-curricular activities are better, i.e. sport, drama, music, art and many others. This helps develop
lifelong interests and skills – things like team working, the ability to bounce back from defeat and public speaking.